Friday, July 2, 2010

A revelation

I've had a revelation. It feels pretty huge. I think it's been brewing for a while, quite a long while actually. A few days ago I did a photo shoot of a friends 2 little ones (don't you love wonderful friends who let you come into their space and practice on their children!), ....and my favourite from the morning, the one that I love above all the digital photos...is this polaroid.  It was when I got home, holding this one in my hand, that I realised that my dream, my ultimate dream, is to offer spring and autumn photo shoots, outside in natural light, with the sun setting, in fields of wildflowers, my Dad's original model A Ford to use as a large prop, and shoot mostly in polaroid.  And when I had that realisation, my heart skipped a beat.  Literally skipped a beat.  Because it has been bothering me a bit about where I am headed with my work.  When I started all of this the dream was to work with children.  I want to do both the vintage, grainy, fine art, and the natural, sun flared polaroid portraits.  I just wasn't sure what my little niche would be.  And now I feel like I am headed towards that.  Towards the next step in my dream...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susannah,
    I think that sounds like a wonderful dream that could certainly become a reality! What a gorgeous thought and especially as that is my favourite time of day. It's so romantic and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a moment Susannah - so beautifully described. And it will happen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! It's a great feeling when you know where you're headed!

    ReplyDelete