Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A stranger on the ledge

In sorting out my new studio space, I flicked through the (very full) 'to scan' box of polaroids.  And found this.  It was taken on one of my final weekends in Melbourne, down a graffiti laneway.  There was a couple taking photos of each other, and as the girl sat in the ledge, the sun came out.  Normally I wouldn't take the photo - I am rather a shy person.  Maybe the thought of leaving made me brave - I asked if I could take a photo - the light looked so lovely, if a bit harsh, and I just really liked the way she was sitting.  My first 'stranger portrait'.  Although, not really a portrait, but you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely shot, light is beautiful and the way she was sitting seems so peaceful and thoughtful..

    ReplyDelete